Monday, June 4, 2007

More Movie Reviews

This one was fun!! If you have kids, I think they need to be a bit older and familiar with popular fairy tales to get most of the jokes...although Puss n Boots and Donkey are sure to please all on their own. There were a couple of rather 'riskee' jokes in there, but I seem to recall feeling the same way about Shrek 1 and 2. Not sure I would re-spend the $10 to see it, but will definitely watch it again when it comes on TV.

I have one phrase, "Oh My Gosh!!!" Truthfully, I was afraid that this one had been hyped up so much that I would be let down. That happens to me, a lot. I get these ridiculously high expectations bc of the hype. But I so enjoyed it. It was beautifully cast, too. I don't watch American Idol, so I was unfamiliar with Jennifer Hudson's talent. WHOA - how did she not win?!?!!? That woman is phenominal and can sing circles around Beyonce. I loved Jamie in it (thought he was perfectly cast) and Eddie Murphy was brilliant. I had flashbacks to his album he recorded in the 80s that didn't do so well. Anyway - I might have to own this one.

This week I am going to a pre-screening of Evan Almighty when it comes to Chicago. I will post my thoughts.

No comments: