Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Evan Almighty

Last night I saw a pre-screening of Evan Almighty. This movie was, in a word, delightful. You must go see it, and take your whole family.

If you've seen Bruce Almighty, you may be saying, "take my whole family? No way!" Trust me - you'll be glad you did. They purposely made this one family-friendly, and there are SO many good themes in it to talk about with your kids. Some of the themes are environmental, using your power for good, systemic political issues, family (both quality time and believing in/supporting your spouse), and having faith when God leads you in a direction that society deems 'crazy.'

Not to mention, it's rip-your-sides-open hilarious. Steve Carell, Lauren Graham, the guy who plays Andy from The Office, Christopher Guest, Morgan Freeman and Molly Shannon all grace the screen for us. It's Great!

Bird-warning for Nicole Esmon - you are going to freak out when you see this movie...there are birds...and lots of them. They act in ways that may cause you to have an anxiety slash panic attack, so I suggest you put Alex on a strict "tell me when I can uncover my eyes" policy as soon as you see the birds. There are two or three scenes in the first 30 minutes that will freak you out - after Evan owns his inner Noah, the birds are all good. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning!