Thursday, June 14, 2007

Donald Miller and A Cheap Whore

Last night I went to see Donald Miller speak at Willow Creek's Worship Conference. (Let me just insert here that I am not a Willow fan, but am a Donald Miller Fan.)

A friend, who shall remain nameless, asked me to go. I enjoyed Blue Like Jazz (although I haven't found the time to read his others) and have heard him speak before. Why do I like him so much? Because he cuts through the bullshit and keeps it real. For example, and I quote, "Now, some of you think that God caused all the bad stuff in your life," he says, then puts his hand over his mouth, looks down, and continues, "although I'd wager a lot of that bad stuff is because of dumb decisions that you made..." I immediately threw my hand up in the air, pointed at him, and said to my friend, "And that's why I love Donald Miller!" He bursts our little Christian hypocrisy bubble EVERY time!!!

Anyway, said friend has a HUUUGEEE crush on Donald Miller. I told her to dress slutty, and that we were going to meet him afterwards and throw her at him like a cheap whore. (Which I repeated about 75 times, because those words almost never come out of my mouth!)

Unfortunately, a Willow staff member hauled him away, and he didn't even get to sign any books. Sad day. I told said friend that I planned to cyber-stalk him and get his personal email address for her. Princess (aka Nancy Drew), we might need your assistance.

No comments: