Monday, July 28, 2008

A Toast at Amy & Joe's Cyber Reception

To make sure credit is given, this cyber-reception is Nichole's doing. =)

My Toast...

I have been thinking on how I would toast Amy and Joe's wedding. Every time I've thought about you two, today, I get an emotional smile. I'm so proud of you both for doing this your way, in your time.

Amy and I go waaaay back. There have been lots of sleepovers, pool june bug incidents, and phone calls while watching competitive eating contests. We've seen each other through family illnesses, tragedies, boys, and lots of laughs. (Ahem-M C.)

Amy and I have watched a lot of our friends get married over the years. We've remained the 'single girls' who tend to understand or feel things differently than our married friends and have spent many an hour on the phone, lamenting about it. I remember a time when Amy didn't think she'd ever get married. I always knew she would.

I'm honored that I get to be a part of such an amazing person's life. I'm so grateful, Amy, that you turned around in the water fountain line in 3rd grade and asked me to come to your birthday party. My life's never been the same.

I've never been happier for someone on their wedding day than I am for you and Joe. You deserve this man, this love, this life together that you're embarking on. I feel like the timing was absolutely perfect for you both: God knew what he was doing when he allowed the past 10+ years' history to happen to you both. He allowed you to meet at the right time to help complete each other and become 'one.'

I love you, princess! You'll always be another sister to me.

Raise your glasses and join me in a toast to Mr. and Mrs. Joe M!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks, girlie!