Sunday, July 13, 2008

Great Sand Dunes National Park

I had never been here before. Have you? SO worth it!

Colorado has the largest sand dunes in North America, and they were on our way to Alamosa, where we spent the week with Youth Works on a mission trip. I was having pretty significant altitude sickness by this day, so I spent the majority of the time in the van resting while the kids went nuts on the sand dunes!

By the way...for those of you wondering how I came about on this trip...
I was with a church from Glendora, CA. My friend Josh used to be a youth pastor in Chicago that I volunteered with for several years before he moved back to CA. He's always asked me to go on his group's trips since moving away, but I finally went. I flew out to California the day before we left to drive to CO. We camped for two nights on the way, saw the dunes, did white water rafting and went on to Alamosa. After we were finished, we drove to the Grand Canyon for a couple days, and saw the Four Corners on our way home to California. I had such a great time!


No comments: