Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Heart Chicago in the Summer

One of my favorite things about living in the city is the lake. I'm almost exactly three miles from the lake, although it takes about 15-30 minutes to get there, depending on traffic.

I love going, and swimming, in the lake. (I know, I know...this flies in the face of 'the flying fish story' but I've come to love swimming in the lake and ocean.)

Last night Chantel and I went, and it was so peaceful. My intention was to actually swim for exercise, but couldn't because the water was too choppy. There were huge, crashing waves, the water was warm, and the sunset on the skyline was gorgeous. It made me think about Seal Beach, although the current wasn't nearly as strong. I spent some good reflective time, riding the waves and praying about some stuff. It was awesome.

If I didn't have a work meeting tonight on the south side, I'd go tonight as well.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a very relaxing and peaceful evening! Kuddos! I wish you could bottle that up and send it to Palmyra. I could use a lake like that in my backyward! LOL