Monday, July 14, 2008

The Great BBQ

I love food from the grill. My problem is that I hate feeling like I 'wasted' charcoal by only grilling one or two pieces of meat. I've learned by trial and error that only burning 'enough' charcoal for one or two pieces of meat results in meat that doesn't cook...and then I end up having to light more charcoal.

So...that results in my 'turbo cooking' when I have the grill fired up. Tonight I made two buffalo rib steaks (I was expecting small rib sections, but it's actual steak on a rib bone - yum!) two pork chops and some shrimp.

I'm quite proud of my grilled shrimp. I put three tabs of butter in an aluminum foil 'bowl' that i make by folding up the sides of hefty aluminum foil, chop some green pepper and onion, throw in chopped garlic, the shrimp, some lemon juice, and put it on the grill. I wait until the butter is bubbling and the shrimp are nice and hot. YUM! Then I throw some shredded asiago or parmesan cheese on it. MMMM.

I won't have to cook anything except veggies for the rest of the week! I ate my shrimp and part of a pork chop for dinner tonight.

No comments: