Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Weekend from Bad to Great...

This weekend was nutty-crazy. I had one roommate move out, and another one move in. Welcome to the north side, Maegen!! =)

The roommate moving out really surprised me. She's always been passive aggressive, but took it to a whole new level of petty these past two weeks. It really shocked me, bc it's not the type of behavior I've ever seen out of her, and I've lived with her for two years. I'm hoping in her new environment she can get back to her old self. Let's just say that every little detail about her moving out and Maegen moving in was d-i-f-f-i-c-u-l-t to the extreme and incredibly stressfull.


My weekend brightened when I went to see Hairspray on Sunday. LOVED IT! It's a must see. It's hard, at first, to get past John Travolta in that role, but he did do a good job. The movie was cast so well. Take your girlfriends, teenage daughters, etc. Loved it!!




I also saw Last Holiday, with Queen Latifah. Not what I thought it was goign to be about, but ended up liking it. It's light-hearted and fun, a good 'pick-me-up' movie. And LL Cool J is HOT.


The finale of my long weekend was seeing Natalie Cole last night at Ravinia, an outdoor concert. She was, in a word, lovely. It was such a mellow night and so enjoyable. It was uber-romantic, so any Natalie fans should definitely hit her concert and expect adorable couples dancing the night away to her beautiful crooning. My two favorites were "Smile" and some other song whose name is escaping me right now. At any rate, a beautiful evening.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Fun! I'm glad you enjoyed the concert.