Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Taste of John Mayer

So I succumbed to the pressure. Today, I went to a John Mayer concert. It was free...it was the Taste of Chicago.

Let me sum it up as quickly as possible.
Hot as hell.
Too Crowded.
My attitude was not unlike how I get at amusement parks on a summer day.
People WAY in my space.
2+2 = Alison was NOT feeling it and got a sunburn.

But I do kind of see what all the hoopla is about - he's way better live that on his cds, mainly bc he's an incredible musician. What made all the angst worth it? When Buddy Guy stepped out to do "Gravity" and "Sweet Home Chicago." Why a picture of the jumbotron? Bc that's as close as we were. =)

The super duper plus side was that I was with Traci, Maegen and Tricia. I love them! We did get some good photos from the day, and I will post them soon. I would advise you to check out Maegen's blog in the next day or two, as I'm sure she will post a funny account of some of our 'experiences.'



I think it's obvious how hot and tired I was. That's Tricia, Traci and Maegen. Traci is my roommate, and Maegen will begin moving in to replace Jenny this weekend. YAY for Maegen moving in with me and Traci!!


Post concert, post 'tasting' at the Taste, post sunburn.

1 comment: