Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My Little Bugaboo...

I have taken to calling the little girl I babysit 'bugaboo.' I'm not sure why, but I do, and I daresay she's starting to answer to it.

I helped with her during her parent's party the other day, and two things made my month: a) I saw a photo from their Cancun vacation where she had made the 'fish face' (see below) and b) she gave me a huge, sandy hug while we were playing in the park sandbox.

We have been working on various faces and noises, bc she thinks they're hilarious and she tries really hard to do them, herself. We've been working on the fish face for some time now, and she hasnt' been able to do it. Seeing that picture in Mexico got me SO excited. I'm choosing to believe she was missing me and did the face. Her mom was so tickled to learn that I've been teaching it to her.

The sandy hug was huge! She's not a baby who chooses to give much affection to adults other than her parents. She loves to be held, but doesn't really react when you kiss her or hug her. I put her down in the sandbox, she went nuts (bc she loves the feeling of the sand on her legs) then she lurched across the space between us and gave me a huge, sandy hug while she squealed and squealed. Needless to say, it pulled at my little heart strings. I already adore the child, but that made me fall in love with her.

No comments: