Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Why Do I ALWAYS Have to Call Customer Service?

I asked myself this question while on hold last night with AT&T, because our wireless modem wouldn't recognize our phone number as a line that had a DSL order attached to it.

The first woman we spoke to (who was in India, naturally) spent at least a half hour on the phone with us. She kept walking Maegen and I through variations of the exact same registration thing that would bring us back to the exact same error message. Go Figure! The problem wasn't on our end, it was on THEIR end.

It was when I realized that every time I've moved in Chicago we've had to call customer service bc of an error on SBC/AT&T's part in setting up the new DSL order, that I finally handed the phone to Maegen and went to hop in the shower.

Imagine my absolute SHOCK (note the sarcasm) when I step out of the shower to hear Maegen still on the phone. The woman in India had to transfer her to someone else, because 'she'd reached the limit on what she knows how to do.' New guy got us squared away very quickly.

No comments: