Thursday, August 9, 2007

Bizarre happenings on an August 8

Was there some crazy alignment of planets this week, that culminated in yesterday's craziness? Here's a list of the bizarro things that have been happening:

a) April/May like thunderstorms, flash floods and tornado warnings with tree limbs down EVERYWHERE
b) A foul and mysterious odor that comes and goes in two places in our apartment with nothing there that could be producing said odor.
c) A note I found ON my office door (versus an email or a memo handed to me in my office that I actually would have read before this morning, as it was put up yest during the day...hence I didn't see it on my way out) telling me they are putting new carpet in my office starting tomorrow...and everything that is not in furniture needs to be moved. **My offices are in a three-flat apt building - my office is in the living room, my two bosses are in the bedrooms, the den is our conference room. Both my bosses are out of town and one has stuff strewn all over her office (and I do mean STREWN) but she knows where everything is. There's no where to move said stuff to -it's not like we have a hallway. And I'm not touching my bosses stuff, as they are both on vacation. Grrr!
d) Maegen (roommate) began to swell and lost feeling in the skin on her face, so we went to the ER. She'll be okay - some sort of allergic reaction in her sinus cavities, she's got more DR visits and tons of meds to take.
e) My laundry soap and softener was stolen out of the back of my truck (I moved it out of the cab into the bed while taking Maegen to the hospital).
f) this morning the movie I had ready to return to Netflix was not only not where I was sure I left it - I couldn't find it ANYWHERE in the apt. Bizarro happenings.

Insert wierd television sound effects here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe someone stole your laundry soap. That's a rough 'hood you're in!