Thursday, February 22, 2007

Boys and Girls

It never ceases to amaze me how guys and girls are wired so differently, emotionally. It never does. That's not to say that said wiring doesn't throw me for a loop from time to time.

I'm still learning where I need to draw boundaries for myself. I invest in people, and I feel obligated to them if they need anything from me. Sometimes I can find myself feeling pulled to help someone who has been not so good to me. It's almost the same feeling I get with youth: I'm intuitive enough to realize that their acting out has to do with a bigger issue, and I might be able to help them work through their 'junk' by asking the right questions and occasionally challenging them to take a look at their blind spots.

But sometimes guys and girls are wired too differently for this to work, especially if said guy and girl have 'history.' Hmmm....jury's still out on that one.

No comments: