Tuesday, February 6, 2007

A Balmy 50+ degrees...

Seriously, I'm in Denver, and it's in the mid-fifties. I'm getting text messages from people that it's snowing buckets in Chicago, and that the windchill has dipped as low as forty below zero this week. Do I need to make my peace? Is Armageddon happening. =)

It's been a fun week. Thankfully, my crazy frenzy of activity is relatively over, and I can just enjoy my third conference in 5 days for the rest of the week.

It's been really fun to see and catch up with people from around the country that I haven't seen in awhile, and spend some quality time with some of my North Park peeps who are also at this conference. I've gotten to spend time with students of mine who have graduated in the last couple of years, and tomorrow's lunch is going to be one of the funnest I'll have all week. =)

I am ready to sleep in my own bed. My nosebleeds, for the most part, have stopped, and I seem to not have to drink quite as much water as I did when I first arrived. On Super Bowl Sunday, I actually called my mom to find out how much water was too much water to drink. We decided I had already drank 90 some ounces (the daily recommended is 64) and it was only 5 pm. I drank at least another 32 before the evening was out. The altitude will kick you in the butt. Needless to say, I'm getting some of the deepest, best sleep of my life. =) This morning I slept through my alarm click and my boss had to wake me up 15 minutes before we had to be at a meeting.

Lol...when I return to Chicago, I'll go back to being a light sleeper....

No comments: