Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Alison's a little Crazy right now, but its a good day...

Microphones and cables and laptops....

Call this speaker and that presenter and get ahold of the worship band leader...

Check with the caterer and get the final cost, put through a check for almost $1000 for cash to buy supplies....

Throw in a million other phone calls/emails to staff at the national organization partnering with my office, and to committee members, and you've got my life right now. =) But it's all good. On March 4, I'll breathe a sigh of relief. I actually can't wait for my big event. It's going to be amazing.

On March 15 and 17th, I'm seeing Harry Connick, Jr and The Roots. On March 19, I head for some much-needed vacation at a cabin in Wisconsin.

I'm surprisingly not paniced. I even bounded out of bed this morning to go work out at 8 am with Britta, my trainer. I slipped on some ice on my way (snow is melting during the day, then freezing at night), and it was like something out of a cartoon. My right leg flew up in the air, I was airborne and then I landed on my keyster. It hurt, but I laughed and laughed. Once I got to the gym, Britta had me do lower body and I was happy about it. I'm going back to the gym in about an hour to either do cardio or an hour of fat burn in an attempt to keep my butt and legs from hurting like crazy for the next two days. (The butt is already hurting, which means I'm probably going to need ibuprofen to sleep tonight.) But I'm happy about the burn.

My new laptop is coming by the end of the week, and my ipod is currently working. It's a good day. =)

1 comment:

nahmix said...

oh how i know about the ups and downs and crazies of event planning...but doesn't it just give you such a rush? you're my inspiration...i'm going to the gym tonight too, for the first time in months.

btw: i'm so excited to be going to see the roots with you. :-) we should probably buy tickets this weekend though!