Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekend Bliss

I just got back to Chicago after four days visiting my family. It was awesome.

While I didn't intend this, it was Palmyra's homecoming. Because of that, I got to visit with a former classmate who is now my neice Emily's teacher (Carrie S., formerly M.) and see one of my 'little ones' that I used to babysit all grown up and on homecoming court (Alan K). I almost cried when I saw him in the parade. =) He's a SENIOR! I can't believe it! His sister is a sophomore in college.

I also saw another classmate, Todd F., whom I don't think I've seen since high school. A family friend's baby was being baptized on Sunday am at my church, and he and his family came in support.

A couple of my big highlights were getting to see Madison (6) and Dylan (10 months) the children of Toni S., formerly Toni R. I went to Eddie R's birthday bash to catch up with Toni and clan. For some reason, Madison thought I was going back to their house with them, and it made for an unhappy Madison when it came time to leave. Due to some medical issues (Dylan being in the hospital so long) I haven't really gotten to see them and spend some playing time with Madison. I promised her some special time just for her when I come visit at Christmas. Dylan was so sweet! He is almost a year old, chubby, chubby, chubby and such a snuggler. I could have held him all night. He also definitely knows when Grandma is in the room. =) So cute!

My other fun highlight was shooting handguns with my dad in his newly put together shooting range on his property. I did pretty good, actually, and it was so much fun. Dad's already got the guns picked out that we'll shoot next time I come visit. I tried to get my sister to join us, but she said no. =)

1 comment:

Candy Getz said...

Did you take any photos?