Friday, October 31, 2008

Up and Down

If I could insert an icon for the title of this post, it would be a wavy horizontal line. =) That's been my life and emotions this past week.

I had something fairly rattling happen to me two weekends ago, and spent a few days in shock before it really set in. (For those of you worrying right now, you can stop. I'm really okay.) I have been seeing a counselor, so we're working on it.

The unfortunate thing is that I am feeling some up and down emotions come about during, and in reaction to, various things going on that have nothing whatsoever to do with my incident. I am able to recognize that in the midst of it, but it has resulted in some anxious days this week, nonetheless.

The silver lining is that its triggered some stuff from my past that I think I can finally get some good healing from. The down side is I'm pretty sure this one's going to be around for quite some time, and possibly the rest of my life.

Working a lot of extra hours, plus doing some youth ministry stuff in the last two weeks has left me feeling really tired and without enough time to think and process. I have been doing a lot of craft projects, though. =)

I'm ready to babysit Rosie to get loved on, too, and/or go to Amy and Joe's to play with Iris and Crumley.

No comments: