Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crafty

I decided to get crafty this week.

I tend to get really excited about projects, and love to do them. My creative energy prefers to have projects to work on, especially when I'm stressed out. If they require a lot of time and patience, however, I may not finish them. I am determined to change that.

In reverence and respect to our crazy economy, and in respect to my slimming disposable income, I am making some crafty things for Christmas gifts this year. Right now I am working on a cute blanket for my friend's son. I am not going to disclose which friend, although I don't think he/she reads my blog.

I have some blue-purple fleece, and am sewing a teddy bear on it that I made from an old pair of brown cords that I had worked a hole into. Right now I'm working on the details of the bear: he has button eyes and nose, with twine for his mouth and claws. I cut out some brown patterned handkerchief for the inside of his ears and his paw pads, and he has buttons down his belly. He's super cute and I love him. When I sew him onto the fleece, I'll put some cotton balls behind him to make him puffy. I was cutting him out and sewing the details on his face while my friend Tricia was over on Sunday night, and she adorably asked me if I would make her a teddy bear. She might get one for Christmas. =)

All I have left to do to the bear is sew his arms and legs on, and his claws, then I'm ready to attach him to his blanket. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to 'finish' the sides. Perhaps I'll cut strips of the corduroy and give it a 'framed' look similar to satin edges of baby blankets.

I'll post pictures when I'm done. I plan to make a similar blanket for a little girl with flowers on it, using butt pockets from some clothes as flower pots.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Very creative Alison! I often wish I was more creative.....but sadly I feel it's something you are born with and not just acquire! Good luck!