Sunday, April 22, 2007

Story of My Dating Life

The best part of my day with Kate and Jenn (aside with quality time with two friends I care about and don't see that often) is that Jenn gave me a book call, "Be Honest, You're Not That Into Him, Either."

I read the first page of the forward and burst out laughing. The forward is written by a woman, who tells a story of a past relationship. She says that they had been dating for a couple of months, and he calls her on her cell at work and asks her to meet him for drinks after he gets off work, around 8 or something. At 10:45 that night, after he hadn't shown up, she was still at said bar, waiting, and having drinks by herself. The questioning and doubts began to set it: she began asking herself, "Did I hear him right? Maybe he said he MIGHT come after work, not that he WOULD." Variations of the same thing were the thoughts that went through her mind all night as she reflected on it.

I literally made Jenn and Kate read it, laughed at the horrified slash knowing looks on their faces, and said, "Yeah...that's the story of my dating life in the last year. Men who can't follow through."

But to salvage some of my pride, I'll tell you (honestly) that I'd have left after no more than 30 minutes...if I hadn't heard from him that it was traffic that was holding him up.

1 comment:

nahmix said...

30 minutes? your too kind. in this age of cell phones, two ways and other technological shit that we buy, don't need and can't really afford, i adhere to the 15-min rule if i dont hear from you.