Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Brown Elephant

I love a good resale shop.

My friend Erin swears by one in Andersonville, The Brown Elephant. So Jenn and I checked it out, yest, before we met up with Kate at Ann Sathers. MMMM...Ann Sathers cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit are AMAZING!

I was in HEAVEN at the brown elephant! They have shelves and shelves of mildly used books for $1, lots and lots of decent furniture (I love antique, real-wood pieces that need some refinishing and therefore are affordable), and beautiful glass decor pieces. They also have a lot of clothes (some nice, nearly new stuff, too) although I did not buy any.

I went a little nuts: got some unopened Mary Kay product I like, four glass apothecary bottles that match our dining room decor, the prequel to Secrets of the Divine Ya-Ya Sisterhood, an adorable pink hair sash, and a brand new off-white (and very trendy) leather work bag.

And the icing on the cake? The proceeds from The Brown Elephant go to fund a GLBT health care center.

No comments: