Sunday, April 22, 2007

In The Name Of Beauty...

I had a day of fun and beauty on Saturday with some girlfriends. I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone and had some hair removal done via threading.

Has anyone else experienced this? Two of my friends swear by it, it's cheaper than waxing, and they say you can last about three weeks. So I go to the place in Andersonville that Maegen recommended, Sonia's Salon. The woman was so nice, and took very good care of me.

Here's what we discovered - I have sensitive skin. =) I had my eyebrows, lips and chin threaded. My eybrows 'smarted,' my upper lip hurt enough to bring tears (most sensitive place on my face), but my chin hurt like a BITCH!!! I today I still have bumps and little 'burn' lines from the threads on the bottom of my chin. She told me my hair, there, was very difficult and hard to pull out. I concur - plucking is difficult. Friends have told me that it gets much easier with multiple threadings.

Anyway, the jury's still out. =) I'll definitely go back and try it at least two more times before I decide it's not for me.

I also got my hair cut. I like my new hairdresser, but she cuts off way more than I ask her to. So I adjusted how much I told her I wanted cut off...and told her between 1/4 and 1/2 inch, thinking it might be around an inch. Yeah, I'd say she took about an an inch and a half off my length. lolol I'm not mad, bc in a week it'll be adorable and I'll love it. Right now, it's a bit short. =)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I would have to say the lip is the absolute most sensitive place on my face. OUCH!

nahmix said...

I'm so sorry it was painful. I like your attitude about it though. Try it two more times, it really does get less painful. I 've never done the lip or chin, but plan to very soon. My eyebrows need a touch up, so I will get my chin done too. Can't wait to see the new hair.

nahmix said...

So sorry it was painful, but i do like your attitude about it. Can't wait to see the new hair.

nahmix said...

ok, so I'm a tard. i submitted the second comment because I thought my computer freaked and didn't post my first comment. i didn't see the comment moderation feature, so i shortened the second post. lol!