Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Where in the world is Alison?

I realized that I haven't blogged in a coons age. That's exactly what went through my head when I thought about it. You can't take the country out' tha girl...

I've been very busy, hence my lack of correspondence. I've been working on several projects, and am exhausted. My Dad's not been doing well and ended up in the hospital for several days. He got to go home this evening, thank God. (Seriously, thank God! He has blood clots in his lungs which could have caused a heart attack but they passed through his heart and settled in his lungs.) He's on some blood thinners and will have to stay on an oxygen tank at home for awhile. If his blood oxygen goes back up to normal after his blood clots finish dissolving, then he can get rid of the oxygen.

On a fun note, tomorrow morning I'm heading out to LA for Urban Youth Worker Institute's Conference, followed by a few days vacation with my friends Josh and Kate. I'm hoping to get online periodically and post some photos and some Alison-fun.

I've been getting a gagillion text messages from Josh, telling me the weather should be in the 100s while I'm there, and what clothes to bring while we're at the beach. That's right, Josh and Kate are taking me to a relative's house on the ocean. Apparently we're going to see dolphins, and I'm being taken out for sushi on Friday night. SSSOOO excited for some R&R and fun in the sun! I've got my books picked out to read: James Patterson's Judge & Jury, Kathy Khang (and others) More Than Serving Tea, and Divided by Faith. Not so sure on the heavy reading, but I've downloaded some new music, have a couple of new movies to watch...YAY!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Glad your dad got to come home. Have fun in LA!