Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Wrapup

I have a system when it comes to the Oscars. I watch a tiny bit of the Red Carpet, then get bored and figure I'll see the best and worst dressed in the magazines slash online for the next week...so why not short hand it that way?

I generally don't watch the first hour to hour and a half of the actual show, and wait for the good stuff to come on. Last night I had the Oscars on mute while watching Penelope via Netflix online. Good movie, BTW.

I tuned in when Heath won the Oscar, and his parents accepted. I thought that was very sweet. I also LOVED Anne Hathaway's transparency last night. She was so emotional about Heath and her Oscar nomination, that it made me love her even more.

How much did you love the way they introduced the men and women for best Actor/Actress? I thought the women did a better job of reading the teleprompter and (possibly) adding their own little bit in there, with the exception of Nicole Kidman/Angelina Jolie. I've been hearing more and more negative things about the Jolie-Pitts, however, and wonder if Hollywood is just sick to death of their overdone orchestration of the media. I felt zero love coming from Nicole to Angelina.

I also was so struck with the guy who won the award for best screenplay for MILK. I wish more people could soften their hearts. We don't have to agree on lifestyles, but if we call ourselves Christians, we do have to agree on the fact that we're all God's children.

While I haven't seen that movie, yet, I was thrilled for Sean Penn to win his award. He's been through a lot, but I appreciate his taking responsibility for his own actions, and for being a consistently good actor.

No comments: