Monday, February 9, 2009

Cooking Frenzy

I often cook several things at one time, then put them into individual serving containers and freeze what I won't eat in the next day or two. Today was one of those days. Here's what I prepared:

Roasted an 8lb chicken (took FOREVER!) that I injected with margarine and poultry seasoning (to make various dishes and throw the rest in the freezer.)
Used some of the chicken in a chicken tortilla soup
Two thick cut porkchops
Jambalaya with turkey polska kielbaska
Spicy Summer Corn Salad (this is basically grape tomatoes, avocado, frozen corn, various hot peppers, onion, cider vinegar and lime juice. I love it! This time I threw in some cucumber as well.) If anybody wants, email me and I'll send you the recipe.

I bought two salad bag kits at the grocery and will pull some chicken to throw on there for my work lunches this week. When I get bored with the food I have, I'll put it in the freezer and make some tomato basil pasta I picked up awhile back and toss it with pesto sauce and more chicken.

Tomorrow I have the day off, and I am planning to get myself up early and do the following (I am totally having a Rory Gilmore moment!):
laundry (take laptop and work on writing projects)
gym (read for class while on treadmill)
come home, put the clothes away
inventory my freezer (heard this tip recently - inventory freezer so you don't forget what you have and unneccessarily buy more)
pull the rest of the chicken off the bones, clean up mess
finishe cleaning room
call Tribune to report two weeks of no paper, get credit for those two weeks
potential nap
do a little homework.

My goal is to be up by 7 am, make some waffles and be at the laundromat by 8 am. We'll see how that works out for me. =) My goal is to be exhausted by 9:30 and in bed.

No comments: