Monday, December 3, 2007

Bfast for the Girl On-The-Go

I've never been a big fan of smoothies. I love fruit, I love yogurt, so I should love smoothies. But I don't. I think it's the texture - I don't want to drink chunks. This is also the reason why I don't love the oatmeal cookie latte at a coffee shop in Lincoln Square - who wants to drink oats in their coffee? Not this girl.

I have been quasi-restricted to liquids the past few days because of some tooth issues. BOO!!! But I have an appt to get it all taken care of this Wed afternoon. I have had to get creative with finding non-boring ways to get calories and nutrients in my system (namely protein) and try to stay full so that I don't get light-headed, etc. I created a smoothie that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

I dumped the fruit (not juice) of an entire can of peaches or pears, about a half a cup to cup of vanilla yogurt and some milk into a blender. Then I added about five/six spoonfuls of the juice from the can. The canned fruit completely mixes with the yogurt/milk and isn't chunky. YUM!!! I can drink it through a straw.

This morning I put about a half a cup of cinnamon apple sauce, 3/4 to a cup of vanilla yogurt and some milk into a water bottle, shook it up, threw in a straw and viola!!!! Another tasty smoothie. If you like apple pie and ice cream, I promise you'll love this smoothie.

1 comment:

Amy said...

A smoothie that I used to make regularly was: 1 container of low-fat plain yogurt, one banana, frozen strawberries, a cup of pinapple juice and a can of pinapple. So good! I need to start making this one again.