Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lots of HYSTERICAL 'Sound Bites'

These are some funny 'isms' that have been said to me or around me, recently:

a) "Just out of curiousity, who all is coming tonight?" asked on a Wednesday, after several emails about an activity that we're doing this Saturday.

b) "Oh no...I think she may be mildly retarded..."

c) "It's because I'm a f****** retard, that's why!"

d) "You need to leave your movie and come pay your respects to keetchka (cat). She's dying. She has the milky eyes."

e) "I hope I haven't kept you awake with my coughing" said by my downstairs neighbor.

f) "Be as loud as you want. We'll just take out our hearing aids." said by my downstairs neighbor.

g) "You know what would be great? What if I moved my car out of the garage, and you had your movers put all your stuff in there, then you could carry it all upstair the next day after my movers come to move my stuff out." said by an old roommate to a new roommate. We're talking couches, full-size beds, dressers, etc.

h) This was posted to my online class, by my small group project facilitator, the day before our dialogue was 'open' online, "I thought I'd get us started, so everyone understands the expectations and the assignment." We all have the syllabus, we all can read, we all have comprehension skills. You're not the professor, you can't answer questions about the assignment. Thanks.

No comments: