Thursday, November 15, 2007

A crappy day

that, frankly, is wrapping up a crappy couple of months.

Here are a couple of things said to me today:

a) A guy who works with an organization I sometimes work with called me today to tell me that he had used me as a negative example with his boss. It was actually a round-about attempt to compliment me on his part...but it landed quite flat as my pride is a big issue.

b) The guy I have been dating on/off for awhile told me, as we were navigating a disagreement, and I quote "I'm attacted to you. I just think it might all be physical." I've never actually had a guy I've dated for a significant period of time say that to me before. (Wow - just read my post and can't believe I just said it that way. Let me rephrase: I've NEVER had a guy say that to my face.) And he couldn't come up with a softer, more respectful delivery? Then he kept denying that he said it. Let's just say this was the icing on the cake I needed to not EVER talk to him again. And the very nice long-sleeve Bears jersey I got him for Christmas? It just became my most expensive nightshirt.

Seriously. Over. Dating.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm sorry. I wish I knew why dating had to be so hard and stressful.