Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Color Purple

I saw The Color Purple last night with Amy and her co-worker/friend Cristin. They are in town for a work conference, so the princess coordinated this awhile back.

LOVED it!! The woman who placed Celie (Jeannette Bayardelle) was phenominal. Castmembers of note were Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child. She played Shug Avery, the lounge singer who is a little sleezy. I was a tad disappointed in her performance. She's not a great actress, and the majority of the songs seemed not appropriate to her vocal range, and we believe she had a cold...hindering her further. She never really 'belted' any of the songs, so I was disappointed.

My favorite character was Sofia (Felicia P Fields), who is from Chicago. I love her sassiness. My favorite song was her singing, "Hell, No!" We decided that it should be an anthem for me - and that we could replace some of those lyrics with my stories. lolol

Amy decided I needed to buy this shirt. I finally told her, "Let's think about where I work...am I actually going to be able to wear this, and have people understand it...or will they just think I'm another snotty Chicagoan?"

A good time was had by all. Dinner, however, was another story. I'll defer you to Amy and Cristin's blogs about that. Check back in a week or so, when they've finished their conference and have returned home.

No comments: