Monday, May 28, 2007

Movie Reviews

Today I watched The Departed, with Leonardo Dicaprio, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen, Matt Damon, Alec Baldwin and Mark Wahlburg. GREAT movie! I now understand why it was nominated for so many Oscars. It reminded me a bit of the movie Heat, but was different enough. I loved the plot line of looking for a rat in both the Costella organization and amongst the state troopers. Loved it and give it a full five stars on Netflix!

I also saw Pirates of the Caribbean with Jimmy and Erin (there's your shout out!!) today. It was better than I expected. I had been hearing from people that this movie had way too many new characters, and that it was extremely difficult to keep tracking with all the story lines....and that it was just too long. I really liked it, but parents take heed - this is NOT a kids movie!!! Something else to think about is that the cinematography was very different than from the first two - there are several graphic and gory scenes in it. I wouldn't let anyone younger than high school watch it, and only if they don't have nightmares...this one is scary and I was disappointed in Disney for producing the first two so family friendly and this one being ghory and too scary. If you go see it - get there in time for the previews - there are some GREAT movies coming out!! Also, stay put at the end and watch ALL the credits. There's a very sweet surprise scene at the very end that you do not want to miss!!

No comments: