Thursday, May 24, 2007

California Knows How To Party...

So I was in California last week. Thursday through Friday was Urban Youth Worker Institute's National Convention, which is one of my favorite conferences all year.

I went out a couple days early to connect with some Evangelical Covenant churches (denom of the school). I stayed in Redondo Beach at a hotel, and visited churches in Pasadena and Manhattan Beach.

The couple who pastor the youth in Manhattan Beach were really amazing, and I feel like I made two new frieds. Thanks, Grace and Matt!!

I spent some time in Manhattan Beach before I headed over to Azusa Pacific. I ate Wahoos Fish Tacos, drank Peets coffee, and had lots of mexican food.

A superfun 'plus' for me was that my good friend and youth ministry mentor, Josh, lives in LA. He is getting married this summer, and I have had the opportunity to spend time with him and his fiance, Kate, when I go to this conference the last two times. This year, Josh was teaching a workshop on programming for urban/suburban blended youth ministries. I was so impressed, and proud of him!! It's fun to watch your friends stretch and grow, professionally.

Here are some photos from Manhattan Beach....



No comments: