Sunday, May 20, 2012

Changing Seasons

Wow - it's really been almost three years! I've been busy. My reason for continuing to the blogosphere is to document the latest in my journey: gastric sleeve surgery. I have fought with my weight my whole life, and a few years ago began to explore what options I had in the surgical realm. After much therapy on my eating issues, and research on what the options were, last June I signed up for the obligatory info session at Northwestern Hospital's Center for Lifestyle Medicine (the bariatric center.) I never turned back, and I'm now about ten days out from my surgery. I have lost a total of about 40 pounds thus far (approximately 20 prior to surgery). I will share more over the coming posts, and feel free to ask me questions. My purpose in this is to share my story with others that may be going through or considering a similar path, while also communicating with my family/friends about my progress. See you soon!

No comments: