Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Making progress...

I'm down 30 pounds since surgery!!! I'm sooo very proud of myself. I'll post a photo, soon! This past weekend was my Kaufmann family reunion, and I had a blast! My mom had let my aunts and uncles know ahead of time, so they have been praying for me through the process. A lot of my cousins didn't necessarily know what was going on, or had a lot of questions. I felt very supported, and was especially touched when my aunt let me know how much she appreciated the group texts I had sent out (to a small support group who pray for me) letting her know my ups and downs and she appreciated my allowing her to help pray me through my down times. I also got a very uplifting, "I'm so proud of you, sis!" from my oldest brother. The cutest support came from my 12 year old niece, Emily. She had her mom buy a sugar free angel food cake so I could have some sort of dessert at the family reunion. Then when she told me goodbye, she excitedly hugged me and said, "I'll try to recognize you next time you visit with all that weight gone!" The lesson I've learned in all this is to not be so self-conscious about this journey. I've got a lot of people rooting for, supporting, and LOVING me through it.

No comments: