Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Recap

This weekend was fun, frustrating, a mix of all things in a woman's world.

I read James Patterson's Lifeguard in about two days. Loved it. Robert Ludlum is next.

I spent a couple of hours at the gym, which was much needed after my Oreo cookie/bahama mama binge from earlier this week.

Saturday I had Rosie for a couple of hours. I was already at her house when her dad and she came home from an outing. She usually naps in the late afternoon, and was so tired she threw a knock-down dragout over something we never did figure out the moment she and her dad walked in the door. I successfully distracted her and got her engaged in painting so her dad could get ready to go. Later on, she was watching a Barney video, so I laid down on their couch with my book. A few minutes later, Rosie climbs on top of me, lays down with her head on my chest, and fell asleep for about a half hour. That was such a sweet half hour. I love that little girl, and enjoyed those moments.

Sunday I went to early service at my church (I never make it to early service) then went to Starbucks for what's becoming my Sunday paper tradition...clipping coupons, reading the paper, then leaving my coupon leftovers and my paper for another person to enjoy in the paper bin by the comfy chairs.

Then I went to my 'friend's' house and hung out with him outside while his kids played with others in the neighborhood. It was such a perfect day outside. Fall is on its way, it was cooler than its been, and the sky was clear. I had a blast playing with the kids. I brought bubbles over, gave them a balloon and taught them to blow it up then stretch the lip of it while the air comes out, and coordinated bike races for the kids in the neighborhood. Our speed designations included: fast, super fast, and super duper fast. You were deemed super duper fast if you could keep biking over the big crack in the sidewalk without it slowing you down.

I'm not sure why, but I was exhausted when I got home last night. I found myself falling asleep while watching television. I turned it off and was asleep by 11 pm.

Ahhh....a blissful weekend.

No comments: