Friday, August 22, 2008

It's been awhile...

I realized what a blogging slacker I've been of late! I've been really busy.

We have new students on campus this week, and classes start next week. I've had a gagillion meetings related to the start of school, as well as for some new departments on campus. I'm also working my tail off on an event we have scheduled for Sept. 6.

I also have a new "friend." He's fun, and we giggle like teenagers and have such a good time. I'm excited to hang out with him this weekend. He's h-o-t, and a homeowner. Those of you who are familiar with the housing market in Chicago understand this is a huge feat in the city. Owning a condo or a townhouse is going to put you out $300,000 to $600,000 for a one bedroom, but a house is something else altogether. Most folks rent. (Read: Alison rents.) =) He also is renovating/decorating it, himself, and he has great taste.

I finally finished Dan Brown's Deception Point. Not my favorite Dan Brown book, but it was still good. I read James Patterson's Honeymoon in one day, and am thinking about reading a Robert Ludlum next (author of Bourne Identity books.) We shall see. I'm clearly in the mood for thrillers these days.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Amy and Joe rent and probably always will! I'm behind on my James Patterson reading. I need to read that one. I'm currently reading The Times Traveler's Wife. It's set in Chicago and it's fabulous.

my3sons said...

I love James Patterson...and Honeymoon is one of my favs from him! If you liked that one..you need to read his Alex Cross series and his Women's Murder Club series.....also his newest one is Sail......definately a page turner!!