Thursday, April 3, 2008

This Weekend's gonna be busy!!

I have a big event on Saturday for work. It's a youth ministry training day for urban youth workers. I work with ministries all over Chicagoland to put it on. We have general sessions and workshops that our attendees can go through.

This year we've had some significant hurdles thrown in our way. We've had to work to fight through those battles, and really pray against spiritual warfare. I just received a call that we have almost 400 folks pre-registered for the event. (We normally have 100 something pre-registered, and then an additional 250 walk in.) We are likely to break 500. I planned for 500.

While my bosses went into "will we have enough..." mode, I began smiling and praising God. My first reaction was, "You're not winning, Satan!"

I ask for your prayer for the rest of the week for our event, our speakers, our worship team, our volunteers, our participants and those that are leading the team. Pray against spiritual warfare, and that we're not going to let him win and keep this group from growing the Kingdom!!!

No comments: