Thursday, March 15, 2007

Feels like heaven...washing over me


I love that song by Peter Cetera and Chaka Khan.

Know why it feels like heaven? Because tonight is when I go see HARRY CONNICK JR!!!! Yes, the handsomest man of handsometown. The jazziest band leader of jazzertown, where jazzercise is the only form of cardio. Where scatting, tap dancing on sand, and brass instruments reign supreme. Oh yes, I'm going to see my baby tonight.

I...heart...Harry...Connick...Jr.

I have free tix (thanks Meghan C-B!!). The last time I saw him was with Ms. Wendy Karen H. (abbreviating to avoid cyber stalkers) in Detroit at the Detroit Opera House. We had free tix, then, too. We got to meet him afterwards, and I made him laugh. I believe what did it was when I said, very exitedly, "You're my new best concert, EVER!" WKH, however, said "thank you" when he gave her his autograph. When he said, "you're welcome," she squished her shoulders up to her head, spun around and squealed in the highest pitch tone, ever, "HE SAID YOU'RE WELCOME!" That made him laugh, too. =) I love you, WKH! She is the only one who truly understands my love and affection for HCJ. Our ridiculousness was over the top that night. Near the end of his concert, it got quiet for a second and we screamed, a la 13 yr olds at a Justin Timberlake concert, "We love you, Harry!" (Pausing while you finish laughing.) He attempted to see out there to who is was, and said, "Thank you - I love you, too!"

He doesn't know it yet, but he's going to divorce Jill Goodacre and marry me. =)

1 comment:

Amy said...

My oh my...I do recall after your last concert I was at work when a fax came for me. It was Harry's autograph. Remember that? You faxed me his autograph, crazy girl.