Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Dells

I'm having a GREAT time. A great time. I've got a million pictures to post, and will, along with great postings to read, next week.

Because I obviously can't spend an entire week without internet, I am at an internet cafe in the small town near my cabin. The internet is so slow that I'm convinced it's dialup or the slowest dsl lines that you can get, which are essentially juiced up dialup. LOLOL =)

Quick thing to make you all laugh - I was hiking this morning at a state park, and there was a playground down by the lake. There were tire swings. You may or may not know that I MUST swing on any and all tire swings that come my way. I often stop at highway rest stops because they have the best ones. (My favorites are the ones that are the entire tire, hung with three chains horizontal to the ground.) These were the rubber seat/tire swings. I swang for over an hour, because the view was phenominal, the sun was out, the sky was clear, the birds were chirping, and the leaves were rustling and I could hear the water rushing. Who remembers swinging being such a workout when you're little? I guess you always had someone pushing you. Let's just say that when I got off the swing, I almost fell down bc my quads and groin muscles were like jello. I pretty much burst out laughing and then went and laid down on the 'uneven bridge' on the playground and listened to the sounds while the feeling came back in my legs (albeit not good feeling!) =)

3 comments:

Amy said...

What an awesome week! Good for you.

Amy said...

What an awesome week! Good for you.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.