Thursday, November 6, 2008

Who Knew Bees Could Be So Interesting?

The movie really isn't about bees. =)

Went to see this film last night, and it was sooo worth it. I was so engrossed in it that I didn't even notice when one of the friends I was with got up and left to go to the bathroom.

I will be shocked if Dakota Fanning doesn't get nominated, and possibly win, an Oscar for her performance.

This is one of those movies where just about every woman can relate in some way. It tapped into all kinds of emotions for me. I will buy both the book and the movie, and cherish them always.

Alison gives it two thumbs up and a heart-felt nod.

Disclaimer - this is not a movie for young girls. I would keep it at age 12 and up because some of the violence is hard to handle. It takes place during 1964, right after the Civil Rights Act was signed.

No comments: