Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Comfortable old, and exciting new

I'm drinking some hot chocolate as I type this. Hot chocolate is something I haven't partaken in that often in recent years. HC and hot tea has had a re-birth with me in 2008. I'm trying to lay off the coffee (heightened anxiety and dehydration) and really enjoy a hot chocolate and hot tea. Some of my favorites are peppermint and chamomile tea, and World Market's Dark Hot Chocolate.

Another area I've resolved to be better at in the coming year is building community with new people. I tend to get comfortable with the ones I have and not want to have to put the time into new ones. It can get exhausting. But once in awhile you meet someone that you'll really connect with, but won't know that until you take that first step and agree to meet that person for lunch.

I had that experience, today. I'm really glad I did it. I know that I took a first step into a friendship that God wanted to happen.

No comments: