Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Car Parts

Does anyone else stress out at the thought of having to take their car in for an oil change, for fear that they will call you and list the myriad of expensive things that need to be taken care of? I know Amy does, because we've discussed this in detail, before. She does seem to be the queen of this happening. Sorry Amy. After reading one of your recent posts, I've begun praying for your car to be okay.

I just had to take my truck in. After talking to my dad, he suggested I get my belt changed. I also needed an oil change. I was able to keep the anxiety relatively low, and it turns out that I need a new belt, a new pully (or something like that) and an oil change, and it's going to cost me...$150!!! Merry Christmas to me!!!

Seriously, it's a gift that it's not that expensive. Mom and Dad, this is what your Christmas money will be buying me. As my sister Yvonne says, "The practical gifts are great!"

1 comment:

Amy said...

I swear that last night and this morning it seemed as if my car didn't want to start. And since it's cold that's when batteries tend to die...I did the math and I won't be surprised if mine doesn't go.