Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Miscellaneous....

Some miscellaneous notes from today:
a) I'm sick again. What the heck is going on with my body?!?! I don't normally get sick this often or this bad. I went to work because I'm tired of taking sick days and because I had a big meeting today, but I definitely have a fever this time. Booo!!!!!

b) There has been some repeated harassment by locals of the students on campus this semester that resulted in a student being beaten last night by three guys. Hearsay is that the locals are from a gang, and that there were several students around who watched the beating but only one person phoned the police while another student stepped in and helped out the student being beaten. Apparently the locals said they would be back with guns next time. I'm guessing that's why only two people helped out. If you're a praying person, pray for our campus and its leadership as they try to figure out next steps to keep the violence from escalating and further.

No comments: