Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Students and Conferences and TV, Oh My!

I have to say that this week quite possibly might be the most dis-jointed week I've had in my life. I've never been a great multi-tasker when there's a ton of communication and questions coming my way about several different projects. This week has been a little nuts. It's 3:52 and I've got at least two hours more work I want to do before I go home today. Yet I'm taking a break to post a blog.

I have found myself DVRing all kinds of documentaries these days. I've always enjoyed them. I have now set up my DVR to tape all episodes of Dateline, To Catch a Predator, 48 Hours, and a bunch of other things on TLC. It's bizarre - I can come home with a list of chores in my head, and the next thing I know I'm sitting on my bed, twenty minutes into a documentary.

Last night I watched a documentary that I believe was called "Living with 13 Children" on TLC. Fascinating stuff. The mom had her first two children from different fathers while she was in high school, then married her husband and they had the remaining 11. The oldest child ended up getting pregnant, and they ex-communicated her. I found that to be wildly hypocritical and not at all Christian. I hope they continue to follow this family, because I'm already hooked.

On my Netflix list these days, I've been watching Big Love. This was recommended to me by Devin, who is a big fan. Ironically, my interest was piqued in this sect of Mormonism bc of recent 48 Hour documentaries and all the recent press of the fundamentalist Mormon sect that still practices polygamy and whose prophet is in jail. I LOOOVEEE this show...can't wait for the next couple of DVDs to arrive.

Other fun reality shows on my 'list' these days include: Grease - You're the One That I Want, The Apprentice, I Love NY, Surreal Life Fame Games. I'm very excited for new episodes of Lost, Gilmore Girls and The Office coming up.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I heart Big Love. You definitely need to get Weeds.

Alison said...

I'm totally taking disc 3 and 4 of Big Love to my ministry conference with me. How funny is that?!?!?

I will probably check out Weeds this summer...heard its good, too.